Saturday, March 12, 2011

In Response to Lia Moreggi...


I, too, enjoy a good documentary - especially on something so well-known like Starbucks – or should I say so well-kept secret?

 I find it interesting that Starbucks does not use television in their marketing strategy. Then again, I really have never seen them advertise on television, so why didn’t I know that? I guess it’s something that is not thought about because we never see it – we just know about it. This does make it seem like a “secret” as the company is trying to convey because it’s almost like it’s only heard of but not seen and who doesn’t want to be on inside of such a thing? Therefore people go on and try out the popular coffee and some love it and get hooked; so the word passes around.  

I have never thought about this way of marketing as a possible advantageous one - and yet – Starbucks is one of the most popular quick-stop coffee chains in the U.S.

I wonder how many other companies are trying this sort of marketing strategy. The one thing on mind is, though; how did Starbucks get on their feet if they didn’t advertise on television? That is the best means of publicity right? Did they get this far just by word of mouth that the coffee is so good?

No comments:

Post a Comment