In this article, an investor is talking about how Netflix is soon to offer a "family plan" and more Facebook exposure.
This will "allow Netflix customers to add multiple users to a single account at a discounted price," while Gigaom speculates that the plan "could look like a cell phone family plan, with an option to add additional accounts at a lower price point."
I think this is a good idea for Netflix and I am surprised they haven't thought of this sooner if this is indeed going to be beneficial. I feel like every company has a "family plan" option, just like cell phone plans do.
I don't know much about how Netflix works now so the question that I have is.. if a family purchases Netflix, which is $7.99 a month for delivery of DVDs to your home, wouldn't it just be cheaper to have one person's name under the account and have that person order the DVD each person wants? Then they could all split the price? I am a little confused because couldn't everyone just pay that one person and it would be cheaper than having a whole family sign up for the account for more money just to have everyone be able to order what they want?
If I have this idea wrong let me know but I don't see what a family plan could bring that is more beneficial than what individual could bring anyways.
What do you think of this family plan idea? Will it be beneficial to Netflix?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/19/new-netflix-feature-family-plans-facebook_n_850978.html?icid=maing-grid7|aim|dl4|sec1_lnk2|57200

No comments:
Post a Comment